Tuesday 15 January 2008

You know that feeling

When you sleep in, and there's no pressure to get up, and you can just lie in bed, undisturbed, and the sun is coming in through the windows, and there's a bit of a breeze as well, and you're just lying there, letting the day wash over you, letting the fact that you have nowhere to be just wash over you, this comforting thought that you are exactly where you want to be, just in this second, this moment in time, and you just feel this twinge of complete and utter happiness, and it's actually quite a scary, overpowering feeling, so whole and undiluted that for a second there you could actually cry you're so happy. Does anyone else ever get that? And you just want to laugh out loud because everything just seems so perfect and safe. And the only thing that could possibly, possibly make this moment better is someone to share it with.

1 comment:

KingHalgren said...

I know that feeling very well. It's like "Yes, this is what it's all about." I really wish it wouldn't vanish just as fast. I usually have Julia's "morning" personality to blame for that. Cherish your time alone, believe me.

Followers

About Me

My photo
You see, the thing is, I have a lot of thoughts. I think I have more thoughts than the average person. And while you are getting a highly censored version of my thoughts here, I feel like I at least want my trivial musings to have some sort of semi permanent area, where, if necessary, I can return to and admire my own wit and wisdom.