Friday 11 January 2008

27 Dresses

Please don't expect me to make some sort of serious, mature, reasoned analysis of this film, because it's just not going to happen. Basically, Katherine Heigl is hot, James Marsden is hotter, the plot is of the "just add water" variety and everyone is happy in exactly the way you expect them to be by the end. It's not as clever as 10 Things I Hate About You but it's not as stupid as How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days. It was exactly what I felt like watching at the time and despite its predictability, the audience can't help but get involved in the emotional lives of the characters. There were even a few indignant gasps and shocked "Ooh"s from the audience, which I thought was nice. Like I said, Katherine Heigl is hot, plus she's also incredibly natural and likeable on screen - an actor playing a "normal girl" you can actually relate to. Her on-screen sister is a bit of a pain - a B-grade Cameron Diaz. There's a bit too much of lines like, "I'm not doing this with you right now", the likes of which positively grow like mould on American romantic comedies and infest my brain to the extent that they're the kind of ridiculous, meaningless things I say whenever I'm having relationship issues of my own. Stay for the closing credits - they're the most subtley entertaining part of the entire film. And, if all else fails, live for the 70% of minutes that this gorgeous, gorgeous man appears in:



















Mmmm. Yummy.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
You see, the thing is, I have a lot of thoughts. I think I have more thoughts than the average person. And while you are getting a highly censored version of my thoughts here, I feel like I at least want my trivial musings to have some sort of semi permanent area, where, if necessary, I can return to and admire my own wit and wisdom.