Saturday 29 August 2009

I Like Lists

For instance, currently I have a list of things I need to do tonight:

  1. Mop my bathroom floor
  2. Vacuum my entire house
  3. Clean my kitchen
  4. Clean my fridge

What I don't like is that lists often reveal something you'd prefer not to think about. For instance, this list above reveals that:

  1. I don't clean my house often enough.
  2. I care more than I ever thought I would about the state of my domestic surroundings.
  3. I'm contemplating cleaning on A SATURDAY NIGHT.
  4. There's nothing to put IN my fridge once it's clean.

But these assumptions don't take into consideration the fact that:

  1. I am going on a cleaning binge because I know I am coming up to a busy and hopefully very fun week.
  2. I haven't previously cleaned because I have, you know, a job and a degree and friends.
  3. Sometimes, you just need a night of mundanity.
  4. And doing grown up things like cleaning...well, they kind of make you feel like a grown up. And that can be cool.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
You see, the thing is, I have a lot of thoughts. I think I have more thoughts than the average person. And while you are getting a highly censored version of my thoughts here, I feel like I at least want my trivial musings to have some sort of semi permanent area, where, if necessary, I can return to and admire my own wit and wisdom.